Who doesn't love cranberry sauce? You can spread it on just about anything...or just enjoy it by the spoonful. Have you tried making your own? Instead of going for that stuff that slides out of a can, create a fresh batch at home. Try the recipe below, it is super easy to make and the flavor pops!
Serves:8 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min
Cranberry sauce is a great way to bring a dish alive. It pairs well with meats like turkey, duck, chicken and pork.
- Pick through cranberries, discarding twigs and wrinkled berries. Rinse and drain.
- Combine water and agave syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir until sweetener is dissolved and simmer another five minutes.
- Add cranberries and cloves and bring back up to a boil. Cook until the cranberries begin to pop and appear translucent, 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger and pepper. Remove from heat and discard cloves. Chill and serve in small individual dishes.
Cranberry sauce goes beyond the dinner table. Spread it on your toast or just use it as a healthier snack alternative!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: appetizer, autumn, cranberry sauce, fall, fall recipes, healthy, nutritional, recipes, sauce, spices